Sunday, April 29, 2012

Conferences


This past week we had optional conferences at the academy.  I met with parents after the first term and now that we have just finished the third term, this was an optional time to check in and follow up with student progress. 
            I was very impressed after meeting with parents at the beginning of the year.  I wasn’t sure what to expect and was pleasantly surprised when in most cases, not only one, but both parents had shown up for conferences.  There were many fathers who made it in to discuss their child’s education.  What stood out to me was the involvement of both parents and the high standards for respect and hard work in school and at home.  Many parents asked what they could do to further support the learning that takes place in the classroom.  I was greatly encouraged by the teamwork and commitment I felt from these parents.  I love coming up with ideas together on how to support their child in school and at home. 
            I had ten parents come in for optional conferences this past week.  Once again, I enjoyed my time with each set of parents.  I feel so blessed to have this experience and I did my best to convey my thanks for all of their support this year.  I have learned so much not only from my students, but also from their parents.  They have shown me that family and education are two of the most valued areas of their life.  I attribute a majority of the growth and success in our classroom to the love and support of the parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment