Saturday, July 2, 2011

Family Time



I flew into Virginia on Thursday afternoon.  I have somewhat become adjusted to only seeing my family twice a year, but I miss them terribly and it's always the best feeling when we all sit around and talk.  We had game night the night I arrived and laughed so hard it hurt.

The next morning, we piled into the car and drove to Pennsylvania for our family picnic.  The car ride over is always quite the event as my father is an intense driver to say the least and gives the rest of us lots of ammo for joking on him.  We sang songs, slept, and almost got whiplash from Dad's breaking on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

Today is our family picnic.  I'm looking forward to spending time together and savoring the moments.  I am so thankful for this month with family before heading to Malawi.

Above is a picture of my sister Hanna and I.  She is moving to Dallas in two weeks and I get to help her move.  I'm so thankful that I get to spend time with her before she heads off on her adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment