Friday, May 25, 2012

Teacher appreciation

This week was teacher appreciation week at school.  I felt as if this was backward as I feel so appreciative and thankful to my students and their parents.  I have learned a considerable amount from them this year as they've shared their cultures and backgrounds with me.  I was overwhelmed by the cards, gifts and flowers.  I think my favorite part of the week was watching the students come in with their ways of showing their appreciation.  The smiles on their faces are just priceless!  There's this pride and determination when they walk in holding something and march right toward me with that smile.  It melts my heart and makes me feel so blessed to be the recipient of that kind of love and admiration.  I couldn't capture on camera the many hugs and smiles received, but I did get pictures of two of my students with their gifts.  I am one thankful and blessed teacher, there's no doubt about that!



No comments:

Post a Comment